Monday, October 5, 2009

What do I want?

Off late I have been dabbling into Buddhist chanting, it is known to be soothing and has healing powers. After attending a few sessions, I was told to jot down a list of things I desire and keep it in front while chanting. While people usually want power, money or fame or any of its synonyms; I listed down the following three

Good international assignment – the only panacea for all the ills gripping my life for the moment seems that I fly abroad, this benefits me professionally as well as personally. On work front it is never bad to rake in the moolah, while personally it is better to be away if there is no cordiality in relations. I have actually been craving for this and want a good stint abroad badly, but thanks to current global economy it now looks like a far fetched dream. Only time this year I got an international option was during restructuring, when my firm had offered me a position in African jungles in Angola of all the places!

Better relationships – think I am not alone in wanting this; relationships would indeed be the bane of many in the blogosphere. Let it be the office peon or Barack Obama, we all want healthier relationships with those who matter in life, moreso if they happen to be your family. And scoring badly here can actually make it a lot tougher, ask me

No diseases – I slept with a whore recently and though I did take all precautions (and also did not discharge anywhere inside) at times I feel edgy and pray I did not get anything dangerous. On her part the chick was also very cautious and did make me wash under the tap, in the middle of exercise, when the latex got wet.

Perhaps could have added few other things to the above, but let greed take the back seat for now and atleast these three be granted and granted soon

15 comments:

  1. Hopefully all your wishes will be fulfilled but dont you think the second one is in your hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I suppose we all want these things... we will always WANT something-- its just human nature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed no, Angola just wouldn't be the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, hope you do get what you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. human nature... hmmm what can i say more...
    it is so not to decipher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, let's hope your wishes come true....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What sort of Buddhism? Soka Gakkai? All the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. true that, we all want better relationships

    actually we want a little better of everything that we have.

    good luck, i hope you get what you desire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm.. Interesting list... I crave for better relationships and true love. .. Wish I get them...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will always want more.. and its about time we should accept it.

    I hope you get what you desire for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree we always want more from life, but that's good. we push ourselves to the limits. We run after our dreams. We work to get what we long for. I thing it's amazing and I hope you will get everything what you want.

    Miss Always Carried Away! is the former Deva84. Changed my name, changed a bit a look of my blog!

    mwah mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. all of us want this or that..isn't it?

    Hope ur wishes come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. careful man with all the whores..i hope you have read Khushwants "in the company of women"

    ReplyDelete