Saturday, July 3, 2010

My sins against gender stereotypes

Have been tagged any times previously but have been guilty of not obliging. However I am giving this a shot for one its interesting and two its by one of the sweetest bloggers around, that’s if you know Dipti

So here’s the tag – please list at least ten things you have ever wanted or done which your gender is not supposed to. And ones I am guilty of are:

1. Playing with dolls – I actually loved dolls, brushing their hair, chosing their dress, ribbons etc. I had collected about 5 dolls much to the amusement of my parents

2. Crazy about pink – I loved strawberry ice-cream and everything pink. I had a pink undie which I would wear day in and day out

3. Inquisitive about sanitary pads – I never knew what pads were meant for and periods only meant classes in schools. Whenever I asked Mom she would only brush it aside replying ‘later’

4. Liked playing kho kho than cricket – I never enjoyed playing bat and ball because I was never good at it, infact my team ensured I never got a chance to bat. I liked the company of softer girls and cute games they played (no pun intended)

5. Perfume – my parents had a good collection neatly kept on dressing table, from which I would get small sprinkles. Loved the fragrance

6. Trying my hand at knitting – many of the ladies visiting our wooden house used to keep their hands busy with two needles and balls of wool, making some endearing designs for warm sweaters, much required in snowy Kashmir. I was very charmed and wanted to replicate their acts but the skill is not easy to pick

7. Embarrassed at being kissed – I was first kissed accidentally while playing outdoors by a girl when in class IV, still remember her name Kanchan, I was so embarrassed that I hid my face. But the kiss was great – soft, silky and sexy. Actually will not mind a repeat these days

8. Sitting with legs on top of each other – I used to watch senior girls in school sit in front of boys hostel displaying their silky legs thinking in my innocence this stance to be more appropriate. I tried copying the posture, a habit which sadly stuck with me for long

9. Loved going to beauty parlors – as a kid I used to love visiting parlors with my mother and seeing those chinki girls do threading, facial and pedicure. I too wanted one of those for myself

10. Hated video games and gizmos – I was never and still am not, a big fan of gadgets or gizmos for I can never decipher them. I still don’t know and can’t recognize whats an MP3 or i-pod

19 comments:

  1. hahhaha!
    I've been looking for anew entry here past two days!
    You are finally here!
    good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sweetheart! I went Awwwwwww reading this :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute :) i like you more now hehehe

    - love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's www.facebook.com/crazydiam0nd

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAH...i love this tag!! Lol @ pink undies...seriously?? :O And thinking about a guy playing with dolls and knitting just makes me go awwwww! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Not-so-regular-type-of-stuff!!!
    kya baat hai.... mindblowing confessions...I was literally imagining a guy doing that.....Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very truthful post, I must say :) Thank you for your comment! Do come back again!
    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww...really cute post..!!
    Really nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting to see the male perspective on this...

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow.... such a honest post... Good to see many posts on this tag.. Nice one Pesto..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww :)) Thank you for your lovely comment :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. That's really honest stuff. And funny!
    :D
    Nice post...

    ReplyDelete
  13. enjoyed reading it..these tags are so much fun

    http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOW did you turn out straight/bi? HOW? I haven't done most of those things. Okay, some.

    ReplyDelete